A few weeks ago I made a purchase of ELF products. I did an initial review, which you can read here. Having tried a few products for the first time, I wanted to voice my final thoughts on a few products and give a more experienced opinion about the cosmetics brand.
Products I Like:
- The Lipsticks: It’s no secret I’m a fan of ELF lipsticks. For more on that, you can read previous posts.
- Eye Primer: With my powder eyeshadow, this works well with no creasing. With my cream shadow, it doesn’t keep the product from creasing at all… For regular powder shadows, it did impress me.
Products I Do Not Like:
- Fake Eyelashes (Natural): These would be great for a quick night out, but I’d dispose of them after. Otherwise, I’d buy higher quality. Also, the glue is weaker than Elmer’s.
- Blusher (Shy): The color I purchased is a cute pop of pink that would look great with any fair skin tone. Not too much shimmer. Unfortunately, the packaging falls apart (all the time!) and there’s barely any blush in the pan.
- Shimmering Facial Whip (Pink): I hate this stuff. It smells like plastic. It’s supposed to be a highlight but is way too pigmented. It highlights every pore instead of giving you a healthy glow.
- Lip Liner (Nude): This applies wonderfully. It looks fantastic. But it fades within an hour or two. Disappointed!
- Waterproof Eyeliner (Coffee): Applies unevenly and dries out quickly. The felt tip will start flaring out after a few days of use. I don’t recommend wasting your money on this. Also, it’s not waterproof.
My bottom line: ELF is either a hit or miss with me but I’ve figured them out. I’m going to continue repurchasing my favorite lip shades from ELF. Otherwise, I find that I’d rather pay more for better quality.
I recommend ELF for those of you who are just starting out with cosmetics, or have a really tight budget.