Make-up is fun. You can change the shape of your eyes with the flick of an eyeliner wand or slim you face with a good bronzer. I have fun sharing tips about brands and routines. Right now I see a lot of bloggers and beauty gurus talking about the best make-up for the summer heat, or what to wear when you’re going to the beach/pool.
My recommendation for make-up this summer — don’t wear anything.
When it’s so hot I have to constantly wipe my brow, or I’m going be in water, I don’t wear anything. Make-up is not a necessity. I know it’s hard to go barefaced if you have bad skin. I’ve been there. But you can fix that, too. As you can see from the profile picture on my blog, the one on my Twitter account, or even this picture I’ll stick right here, I’m fine not wearing anything on my face. Sometimes it’s not easy. But remember we all have our bad skin days. I think every girl needs to be okay going barefaced most of the time. After all, isn’t that the real you?
So if the heat gets unbearable this summer, just skip the make-up. Here are some of the tips I use to still look my best.
My Summer Tips
- Heal your skin. Now’s the time to find those products that work well for you. I completely switched to Origins only two weeks ago and my face is almost completely healed from the mess it used to be. The right products for you will heal dry patches, control oil, heal acne, and make your skin glow. Skincare is really important for the health of your skin! I am willing to invest way more in this than make-up.
- Drink water. A lot. This is something I forget to do. Not only is it good for you since you’ll be sweating more than usual, but it’s good for your skin anyway. I like to squeeze some lemon in my water to make it taste a little better.
- Dab on some sunless tan. If you want a glow but you’re either very pale (like me) or don’t want to keep sweating off your bronzer, use sunless tan products. You can even buy some that will give you a glow, but wash off in the shower that night. It’ll make you look sun-kissed, and you don’t have to worry about it traveling anywhere on your face.
- Hydrate your lips. I recommend a good lip scrub and then applying your favorite lip moisturizer. Healthy looking lips can make you look great even if you’re not wearing make-up.
- Give your eyes TLC. You may suffer from serious dark circles, like I do. Get plenty of sleep and use an eye cream every night to hydrate the area and you’ll look presentable enough. On the bad days, when I still don’t feel like putting on make-up, I grab my biggest sunglasses and glue them to my face for the day.
- Check your hair. If your hair is hydrated and shiny, it really pulls your look together. It doesn’t matter if you’re wearing it straight or going for a boho wavy look! Put some leave-in moisturizer or shine spray on it and it’ll complete your overall natural glow.
Celeb Images Source: Style Bistro