Right now everyone in the US is either recovering from Black Friday sales or stalking their favorite websites for Cyber Monday deals. This was the first time I headed into these big shopping days as an independent woman, using my hard earned cash flow.
Do you know what surprised me? I didn’t want to buy anything.
I kept looking anxiously for a good deal on something I needed, but I found nothing much I considered to be worth my money. I did end up buying on sale:
- Candles at B&BW. Best candles ever! I always get them reduced price.
- New shoes for Josh, because his old pair wore out.
- New jeans for me, because my old pair ripped at the hip.
- New white socks, because ours have holes and are no longer white.
- I “splurged” on a gray tank from Lauren Conrad, which I believe came down to $8.50. I didn’t need that, but I’ve been dying to try her collection. Hence the “splurge!”
I realize how mixed up we get when it comes to wants vs needs. You can take advantage of a sale to get things you needed to buy anyway, but if you’re buying things purely because they’re on sale you’re not really saving any money.
I had this anxiety-ridden dilemma all week and I’m glad it’s finally over. I think I did fairly well. Next time I think I will plan better, as I got overwhelmed this year. The more minimalistic I try to be the more anxious shopping makes me!
How was your week? Did you find the perfect sale?