I never thought I’d write a post with “recipe” in the title, but here you have it. While I’m not the best of cooks, this recipe requires no cooking at all and will take about five minutes to make!
When I’m craving something sweet, I’ve found that this fruit salad is the perfect thing to make. It’s essentially all of my favorite fruits mixed together.
A quick word of forewarning if you do attempt this recipe: Do not wear something you don’t want dirtied. Guaranteed, you will get at least one drop of red on you.
- A handful of blackberries
- 5-6 strawberries
- Half a lemon
- Half a pomegranate
- A teaspoon of sugar
- Rinse the blackberries and pour them into a medium sized bowl.
- Rinse the strawberries and prepare them by slicing them however you like. I use this tool because it’s cute. Put them into the bowl.
- Prepare the pomegranate. You can either do this the proper way or do it my way — cut it in half and squeeze the hell out of it until the seeds and juice are all in the bowl. I just pick out any white pieces. Be careful! This is the part that will likely leave your kitchen looking like a crime scene.
- Take the lemon and squeeze the juice over the fruits in the bowl. I like pulp, but you can strain it if you’d like.
- Dust a teaspoon of sugar over the fruit salad. I use Truvia as a natural alternative to sugar. This cuts down on the sourness of the salad and sweetens it up to the perfect taste.
- Toss the mixture with your hands or a spoon. Be gentle, or else you’ll squash the fruit!
You’ll have a bowl of yummy fruits drenched in juice. Yum! Eat and enjoy. Fresh, sweet, a hint of sour. It satisfies my sweet tooth every time. What are your favorite fruits to put into a fruit salad?