I won’t be having a medicine cabinet in my bathroom for much longer, because I’m moving out of my parents’ house after graduation. I figured I would take the opportunity to show you a few things in the cabinet I use on a daily basis!
From bottom to top, left to right:
- Giovanni Hair Styling Foam – A natural product that I use for up-do’s, when my hair just isn’t staying in place. I also use it on my tips after straightening to keep the hold, otherwise my hair tends to flip outwards.
- Sensaria Sea Silk Mask - A natural mask that replenishes instead of stripping away and tightens. I use it a few times a week when my skin is looking rough.
- Alba Botanica Sea Kelp Facial Toner – This is everything I want in a toner — it’s natural, doesn’t burn, hydrates, and gets rid of oil and extra make-up your wash may have left behind. It doesn’t leave that desert-dry feeling most toners give you after use. Plus, it’s cheap. What’s not to love?
- Alba Botanica Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel - Face wash — love that it comes in a pump and lathers well. It’s also a natural product and leaves my face squeaky clean. I’ve been using it for almost a year now.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sun Block SPF 70 - I put this on Mondays and Fridays, when my fifth graders go out for their 30 minute recess. I have to stand in the sun and watch them, so this keeps my skin from frying in the Florida sun. Also perfect for the beach! Doesn’t make you feel sticky, and you can only smell it if you put your skin to your nose and smell.
- It’s A 10 Miracle Leave In Product - This stuff is supposed to do 10 different things to your hair. What I use it for is a heat protectant. My natural oil wasn’t doing the job (I actually got split ends… Panic!) so I switched to this and my ends have stayed healthy ever since. A bummer that it isn’t a natural product, but I’ll live with it until I find an alternative. Suggestions?
- Eminence Tropical Vanilla Sun Cream SPF 32 – My mom gifted this to me last year, and I’m using it now. A natural daily facial moisturizer, perfect for the Florida spring/summer season. It’s the most expensive body care product I own, after L’Occitane. The only thing I don’t like is the sticky feeling it leaves after I first put it on, that eventually subsides. My skin has been rough lately because of medication, so I can’t really tell if this product is doing anything. For the price it’s worth, I should probably expect to see something anyway. Maybe I’ll give it more time.
- L’Occitane Amande & Pomme Compote Exfoliante Sweet Peel – This is a trial size facial exfoliator. The consistency is strange, kind of like jelly. The beads are crushed almond shells, which I don’t like because that’s too harsh for facial care. Feels great after use, so I’ll use this up and stick to a gentler exfoliation.
- Alba Botanica Skin Plus Renewal Cream – I’ve been using this as a night cream for months. It’s wonderful for combination or dry skin, because it’s a heavy cream that will soak in overnight and leave you refreshed in the morning. Also, it’s natural and won’t hurt your wallet. Love Alba Botanica. :)
- Rohto V Eye Drops in Cool - If I’m tired, stressed, overworked, or went to bed late the night before my eyes will be bloodshot. It got so bad (people asking me why I was crying…) that I had to go out and buy this. If I wake up with red eyes, I put this in and within one minute there’s no redness at all and my eyes look great. I also use it if I come home from work after a long day and my eyes are sore. I highly recommend, but be advised this stuff burns like crazy and you have to get used to it. Also, don’t use it daily. Moderation is key!
- The top row: Nothing important here. Scar gel to heal after my surgery last summer (doesn’t work, to my dismay), Benzoyl Peroxide to control acne, baby oil and psoriasis gel to control my sensitive skin problems, Giovanni Frizz Be Gone for damp hair (I don’t recommend, there are better products that do anti-frizz), and my trusty stash of bobby pins.
Now I need to ask myself how I’m going to survive without a medicine cabinet. A clutter of products on the counter? Everything thrown into a drawer? Over my dead body! Time to get creative.