I wanted to wait before writing this post to ensure I left an educated and truthful review. The results are in, and after nearly a year of this beauty regimen I’m ready to vouch for it.
Jojoba oil can replace many products in your beauty drawer with a natural, safer way to do the same routine. Personally, it has cleared up my skin and I no longer have skin irritation.
How To Use Jojoba Oil
- Jojoba oil as a leave-in hair conditioner: Use two drops maximum for long hair. Rub evenly on hands and distribute throughout the ends of your hair to tame frizz and gently around the face to tame flyaways. This method best replicates natural oils your hair would normally use for these purposes, so it’s a natural and beneficial alternative to applying any chemical product to do the same things!
- Jojoba oil as a face and body moisturizer: Jojoba is great as a moisturizer. As mentioned in the point above, it replicates our skin’s natural oils. It will not clog your pores, and it nourishes your skin. This is especially great for dry skin sufferers. (Though if your body skin is super dry, I recommend something more heavy duty like a body butter.) It’s important to exfoliate gently and daily while using this as a face moisturizer so that it doesn’t build up. I find that using an exfoliating cotton pad to apply jojoba as a face moisturizer will get rid of extra gunk on my face and moisturize at the same time.
- Jojoba oil as a make-up remover: Oils are perfect for taking off even the most stubborn make-up. If you buy make-up remover off the shelf, you may be shocked at what’s actually in there. And the reason you have to shake it up every time you use it? It’s because the main ingredient that assists with removal is oil. Jojoba oil (and many other natural oils, including the olive oil that you can cook with) will remove make-up in one simple wipe. I apply to a soft cotton pad and leave on my eyes for three to five seconds before swiping the make-up off. This is also really good for conditioning your lashes. I’ve had sleepovers where I forgot my make-up remover wipes — I walked into the kitchen to borrow their olive oil and they couldn’t believe what I was doing until I showed them it worked to take my heavy-duty eye make-up off! Talk about a fun party trick.
Why Use Jojoba Oil
- Jojoba oil is very effective in preventing and treating infections of the skin. It was actually used by Native Americans for years.
- Jojoba oil is an anti-inflammatory. If your skin is really sensitive (like mine) it will soothe and even reduce redness associated with skin afflictions.
- Jojoba oil soothes and helps treat acne. Because it cleans and moisturizes at the same time, and also helps reduce inflammation, jojoba oil will work great for anyone suffering with acne.
Jojoba oil prevents having to buy chemically laced alternatives. Why buy something that contains alcohols, perfumes, and animal fats (all which aggravate skin conditions, especially acne) when you can use something completely natural to get even better results? Just another easy way to replace things in your medicine cabinet with a wonderful, natural alternative.