I think this is the first time I’ve actually gone through my entire makeup collection on a blog post! To see my previous makeup set-up in the old apartment, check out this post.
My new place has much less storage space, as you can see, so my makeup now has an entire shelf to itself.
A quick disclaimer — I use makeup to look my best. I really don’t tend to experiment or have a color for every occasion. I’ve seen collections that make my head spin. These are mostly items I use on a daily basis. In other words, my collection isn’t much of a collection!
Click here for image notes and to see where everything is located.
- ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer: I love this stuff. I’ve never tried any other eye primer, but I don’t really need to. This makes everything stay on all day without smudging. However, it does have a harder time with cream shadows if application is heavy. It also looks great on it’s own to brighten the eyes.
- Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara: I hated purchasing this, because I don’t like supporting companies that test on animals. Tarte still makes my absolute favorite mascaras, but the price hurts my wallet too much! I’ve tried ELF mascara, but I didn’t like the formula. Any mascara suggestions for great volume?
- Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows: I only use the browns, but they’re awesome as a base, alone, or together for a nice simple wash of color on the lid.
- Revlon Colorstay 12-Hour Eye Shadow: If I do my eye makeup, I usually use all of these and blend for a nice rosy look. Easy to both create a smoky eye and keep it daytime friendly, whichever I choose.
- ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit: Perfect for defining my brows. I highly recommend it, and it’s only $3!
- ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara: I use the brow gel occasionally, and the lash gel when I want to curl my lashes but don’t want to wear mascara. This isn’t used too often, but it works well.
- Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain in Hope: Not a huge fan of this color. Darker reds/brows tend to look bad on me. It does work very well, I just wish I could switch for another color!
- ELF Mineral Lipstick in Nicely Nude: More of a fleshy pink color than a nude. Just the right amount of color if I feel like wearing low-key lipstick.
- ELF Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15: This is a neutral tint and feels super slick as a balm, I love wearing it! It’s very hydrating for the summer.
- Revlon Lipstick in Cherries Now: My staple red lipstick. Both Revlon and ELF have wonderful lipsticks! It took me a while to find the right red for my skin tone.
- Estee Lauder Glosses: I received these for Christmas. A bit too much glitter, but they’re so pretty! I’d only use them at night.
- Yes to Carrots Balm: Perfect neutral with a minty flavor. Another go-to for every day!
- Revlon Color Burst in Peach Parfait (Sample): This sample came with my free Target Beauty Bag. I have Revlon Colorburst in Creamsicle as well (in my bag). These have a little too much glitter for me, but they’re still fun.
- Benefit Boi-ing Concealer: I always rave about this concealer. I’m almost completely out of it at this point. It works best as a highlight and under the eyes.
- Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder: I can’t remember when I bought this and it should likely be tossed, but it’s a great powder for setting.
- Rimmel London Blush: I adore this rosy blush. It has just a hint of bronze, and gives a very sun kissed look that isn’t too glittery. I just wish I didn’t have to layer it so much for the color payoff. It also doesn’t last long. Once I finish it, I will be on the hunt for a longer lasting blush with better color payoff int he same shade.
- Tarte 12-Hour Blush in Amused: This blush will stay on all day and is highly pigmented. I love it! Unfortunately, Tarte doesn’t really have a color that even comes close to my Rimmel’s bronze look.
- Too Faced Primed and Poreless: It allows for fantastic application as a primer, but it doesn’t reduce my pores at all. (In fact, I suspect it clogs.) It’s very heavy, and that puts me off as well. I don’t recommend it, it’s not worth the price.
- Loreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer: I have a huge problem with hyper-pigmentation (if I have a breakout, it’ll leave a red spot on my skin for weeks.) This helps cancel out the red, so I use it on certain spots if I have to.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff: I had to toss my ELF Tinted Moisturizer because it was irritating my skin. So far, this has been absolutely amazing. It’s medium to full coverage and feels completely weightless. It’s my favorite! I may try the whipped formula next.