I’m not a fan of trends that will fade out after the season. (I don’t like throwing money, or clothes, away!) So I often reuse the same summer staples including shorts, shoes, and accessories year after year. I put my money into good tops that can make an outfit, and that don’t absolutely have to stay for next year.
Above is a perfect example of what I try to pull out of my closet in the summer!
Here is my take on summer wardrobe essentials that transcend trends:
- Nails: I’m a fan of neutral nails, but I also find an excuse to go for brighter pinks in the summer. I’m a sucker for pastel pinks, like this Essie nail polish in BFF Best Boyfriend.
- Tops: Usually the same tops I grabbed for spring, I grab for summer. Especially short/non-sleeve shirts that are made of light material. This Dorothy Perkins Bird Print Blouse is the perfect example of how you can reuse summer staples, but invest in a cute statement top or two. Love it!
- Bottoms: Finally, I can wear shorts again! Investing in a good pair of denim shorts is a must for the summer. I prefer mid-length shorts, which will flatter most body types, like these American Eagle Denim Midi Shorts. (Which are actually on sale!)
- Shoes: Most of my shoes are neutral (no surprise there), and I like to wear white or brown for summer. This Aldo Tossie Sandal in Tan is the perfect example of a summer staple!
- Accessories: My Michael Kors watch is immediately what I grab for when I want something eye catching. This is a similar Michael Kors Watch in Rose Gold that goes with the outfit and dresses it up.
- Bag: I reuse the same bag until it collapses. (My Twitter followers know what I’m talking about!) For summer I love comfortable, tan cross bodies. I’m a huge fan of Fossil bags, like this Fossil Maddox Organizer Flap. (On sale!)