I wasn’t tagged to do this, but I see a lot of bloggers who send this one around — What’s inside your bag? When it comes to accessories like bags, shoes, glasses, and jewelry I’m a huge minimalist. Jewelry I own is either from Josh or my mom. I only wear one purse at a time and then rotate when I feel the need. (I own four purses, two are for travel only.)
The purse I’m using right now is special to me because my mom just sent it in a care package last week. (Along with my Hufflepuff mug and home-knit socks! It’s summer, mom.) This has been her Coach bag for a while and I was shocked to see that she sent it to me. So regardless of what it says on the outside, the purse is quite special no matter what.
1. Phone. This is my HTC Evo, which pretty much does everything I need it to. Now it even looks cute, thanks to Jenny.
2. Mints. I was a dollar away from applying a $10 off coupon at American Eagle. Salesperson suggested cinnamon mints and I fell in love with them.
3. Wallet and pen. I love this wallet. It doesn’t open up — cards on one side, change in the middle, and a flap on the back for bills. Took me a while to find something small but effective! Pen is for all the times I randomly need a pen out and about, which is often.
4. Sunglasses. This is probably the only product from Juicy Couture I’ve ever owned that I can testify to its quality. (Their jewelry? Junk!) It has a purple tint to the lens and has held up for years. Beauty and durability!
5. Earbuds. I always carry these in case I get bored somewhere and want to listen to music on my phone. It’s never happened.
6. Gum and tissues. I am not a fan of gum, but I keep it if I get stuck somewhere and my tummy growls. The tissues have been saviors to myself and many people sitting around me, and people are always shocked I carry them around.
7. Tampons. Yeah, that’s right. I’m stocked up.
8. Upkeep. I have lip balm and a tiny hand sanitzer in here. If I’m wearing lipstick that day, I toss that in here for touchups.
9. USB/Flash drive. I put save games on here when I play at a friend’s house. When I was teaching 5th grade, I’d throw my Power Points on here to pull up for lessons.
My keys aren’t pictured, but they’re plain keys with nothing else on them.
As you can see, I really don’t have too much in my bag. I used to be that girl with the oversized bag containing two books, an mp3 player, a pencil case, ten cute things on her keyring, a camera, a make-up bag, etc. but I’ve learned as time goes on to just bring around the absolute essential. It’s easier on me when I’m walking around with my bag, and when Josh asks me to hold his sunglasses I don’t lose them in its depths.
Tell me what’s in your bag! Do you have more or less than what I’m carrying?