Life can stress anyone out. The worst thing you can do when stressed is to ignore that you are. This leads to overexertion, and eventually you will run yourself into the ground. Not good! Here are some of my favorite ways to relax.
- Enjoy a game: Sometimes certain games can only add to stress. I like to play games that help me concentrate, not button smash, to focus my mind. For UK readers, Foxy Bingo is a great example of how you can focus on a fun game to calm your mind. It’s actually UK’s top online bingo site, so you can play knowing it’s one of the best. Who knows, you may even make out with some cash to top it off! I also enjoy games like Scrabble on my iPad, which allows me to focus on words and instead of daily stresses.
- Try meditation: A lot of people think meditation means you need to put on a yoga outfit and sit on a floor mat in an uncomfortable position. Not true at all. You can meditate any time! Just clear your mind and don’t let thoughts linger. Focus on your breathing, in and out, instead of on your troubles.
- Drink your favorite beverage: I like a hot cup of tea or decaf coffee in my favorite mug. It’s amazing how something so simple can calm you down.
- Focus on positivity: Tell yourself that none of the small things matter in the big scheme of things. Life will go on no matter what, and you can knock out all the little things standing in your way. Forcing yourself to think positively will boost your self-esteem and soon enough you’ll find what was stressing you out might not be such a big deal after all.
- Go outside: Take a walk, a bike ride, or go for a run. Not only does it allow you to appreciate nature, but walking and fresh air are sometimes all you need to relax your mind. I find it’s better not to take a friend or your mp3 player. Just allow your mind to focus on what’s going on around you instead of distracting yourself.
- Bubble bath: When all else fails, a bath always helps relax. Go all out — light a candle and pop in a few bath bombs.
What’s your favorite way to relax?
Image source: 1