Big Blue Bath Bomb
My Rating: [rating=3]
- Sail away: For days when you need a relaxing escape from the world.
- Good for your skin: Filled with the finest, nutritious ingredients from the sea.
- Sea what? When the seaweed soaks in the hot water, it becomes skin softening and soothing.
Cost: 6.3 oz. for $6.35
- Smells great! Like a drink you would sip on the beach.
- Turns water bright blue. Love it!
- Scent lingers on your skin for a few hours.
- Because of the sea salt, it helped clear up some skin issues.
- The amount of seaweed in here is a bit much. I feel bad scooping it down the drain. Does it clog?
- It’s much too big. I cut it in half and it’s still too big, but I couldn’t cut it smaller.
- Like all LUSH products, I think it’s highly overpriced.
Full Review: Josh and I have been looking for a sea salt bath product for a while, because we heard it’s good for the skin as a clear-up treatment every once in a while. I figured we’d get something like bath salts. Instead, as you may have suspected from my weekly photo post, we unexpectedly found a Big Blue Bath Bomb at LUSH and decided to give it a go!
I thought I could cut it into multiple pieces. Maybe I’m cheap, but I think using one of this huge things (the size of a tennis ball or larger) for my tiny apartment bathtub was overkill. I could literally see the money seeping down the drain. So I cut it, nearly severing my fingers in the process. If I could cut it into smaller pieces I would, but by the time I cut it in half it was already deteriorating.
The smell is beautiful! I expected it to smell like sunscreen or salty water, but it smells more like something you would enjoy drinking on the beach or even a nicely scented “ocean” body spray rather than a more organic smell.
The water turned blue, which was exciting for me. There is actual seaweed in here too, which makes your bathtub really feel like the ocean and also soothes your skin, but I felt they put a bit much. There was a good handful of seaweed for each half of the bath bomb, and I felt like I was going to clog my drain. (It didn’t.)
Best of all, the bomb helped calm my skin, which was the intention.
Big Blue Bath Bomb smells great, looks fun, and is very good for your skin if you need to calm irritated spots and get rid of acne. Unfortunately, it’s a bit overpriced for me and way too big. I’ll probably buy it again and use it sparingly, but I wish LUSH made their bath bombs more apartment-friendly-sized. And lower the price, while they’re at it!
This was my first LUSH product. Have you ever tried LUSH bath bombs? What were your thoughts?
You can find more information on the LUSH Big Blue Bath Bomb on the official LUSH website.