Are you making a new year resolution this year? If so, see my thoughts on How to Make A Proper New Year Resolution. I’ve also written about resolutions and listed resources on how to prepare for next year.
(On a side note, can you believe how long my blog has been around?)
I personally don’t believe in making resolutions. However, I do believe in feeling inspired to change myself for the better next year and tackle a few challenges. I would like to simplify my weeks. I would like to simplify my meals. I would like to increase passion both in my career (even if it means a career change) and in my creative hobbies.
I also think it’s important to not jump so quickly into next year without recognizing the events of the year currently ending. While a few negative things happened to me this year, I’d rather look back on the positive.
A Recap of 2013
- I went on my first hike in California and made two wonderful friends — the mountains being one of them.
- I moved into my own place for the first time in my life after calling off my wedding in December.
- I adjusted to living alone and going from a 2br/2bath to a single bedroom duplex of 450 sq. ft.
- I began biking to work daily and attending group rides on weekends.
- I attended my first CicLAvia event.
- I attempted to build my own closet.
- I downgraded my computer.
- I rearranged my living room about 6 different times.
- And then I finally finished decorating the living room.
- I put to end a seemingly never-ending legal battle with my ex.
- I visited Seattle for the first time, likewise traveling alone for the first time.
- I visited San Francisco for the first time.
- I jumped into a few lakes with friends.
- My pup, Max, turned six years old.
- I started hiking regularly and even went camping for the first time.
- I turned 26 and learned about the true value of patience.
- I launched my first online store.
- I attended my niece’s first birthday in my hometown.
This year truly held a lot of firsts for me. I feel like it was the start of a new life. Cheers to 2014 and new opportunities for more firsts!