Wow! This month has already been a whirlwind. Right after finishing this blog redesign I finished up with my current freelance client. After many phone calls and late night emails, I’m so glad that’s done… I’ve also been running around like a crazy person because I’m going to New Orleans with my fiancé Josh this week. It’s been so stressful to get our dogs’ paperwork current and transferred, since we’re still new to the state but had to get them boarded. Phew! I’m glad to say that all of this is done. I’m having a final lunch with that client tomorrow and dropping the dogs off tomorrow night. Thursday morning I’ll be off to New Orleans for five days! We’re going for his cousin’s wedding but in all honesty, I really needed a getaway vacation. All this moving stuff and job stress has gotten to me.
Even through all the stress I’ve been having lately, I’ve been trying to stay in the moment. So I figured I’d blog about a few things that made me happy lately!
- Web design: I’ve been spending hours and hours designing and coding these past few weeks. At the moment I’m working on redesigning my portfolio, which is sorely outdated. Throughout all the stress and glitches I always get overwhelmed with how happy web design makes me. Just yesterday I had to take a break and look at what I made. I love that I improve every year and always learn new things. I’m glad I stumbled upon this hobby eight years ago.
- Lip balms: I don’t know what caused my recent love of lip balms. I’m already at the bottom of my pink EOS lip balm. They just make me happy. I also really like my pineapple flavored one from Alba.
- Vegetables: I’m usually a decent vegetarian at best… Meaning I prefer to eat pizza and spaghetti and just take vitamins for everything else. Every once in a while I hit a veggie loving phase and I’m glad I’ve hit one again. I love that my favorite lunch doesn’t even have to be cooked. Some persian cucumbers with a dash of salt and a side of avocado… YUM! Super healthy and fills me up until dinner. Once you find your favorite veggies, eating them is easy.
- Walks: I’ve had to switch to walking my dogs at sundown, because LA started its heat spell and walking in the morning is just out of the question. I’ve been loving the transition though. It just feels peaceful and most people are inside eating dinner, so it’s really quiet. The temperature is absolutely perfect. I’ve been loving my walks! I like to think enjoying them is beneficial to my health.
- Blushing Eyes: I usually keep my eyes neutral with just mascara or brown liner, but lately I’ve really been loving the “blushing eye” look. It’s really simple, every day smokey eye with browns and a hint of pink. I think the colors are great for fall. I had to pick up a cheap, small eyeshadow pallet at Target today. (I’ve been super tight on money lately, but I am so not bringing my huge E.L.F. pallet in my suitcase. I can spare some change for something portable.) I picked up one from Revlon called Blush Wine for about $5. I usually always go for Revlon when I’m choosing a drugstore make-up because they’re one of the very few drugstore companies that don’t do animal testing. The pallet is perfect for this look and will be thrown into my suitcase!
I’m going to schedule a post or two for when I’m gone, so that the blog won’t seem abandoned. Look out for those and I’ll be back next week to read up on your comments!
Image credits: Family Fresh Cooking, Mommy Goggles, Bringing Up Learners