- I moved my desk. After much deliberation, I decided to move my desk from the “office” into the living room. The “office” is turning into too much of a man cave for my tastes. I wasn’t feeling inspired, and as a result it was hard for me to do any blogging or design work. So I’ll let Josh have that space, and we’ll use the extra room for the guest bed. I’ve also solved the problem of the empty space in the living room! I’m very happy with the change.
- I’m becoming an expert beignet baker. I even have Josh’s New Orleans approval, after a few failed attempts.
- My bike is overloaded. My poor bike is hauling its own weight in goods every day to and from work. I’m considering getting an attachment for the rear of the bike to store items on, because it’s getting a bit too heavy for the front. (My temporary solution — zip ties, as usual.)
- I wasn’t in trouble at work on Friday. There was a fire creating traffic, and then an event prevented parking near the office building. I was one of the few that weren’t frustrated. I got to work on time and strolled into the office with my bike. Hooray for the benefits of biking!
- Let the shedding begin. The beginning of summer brings beautiful weather but our animals begin shedding their winter coats. I have to brush Ein on a weekly basis, and you can see how much hair falls off each time I do. Warning for future Corgi owners — they shed like you won’t believe!
- My bad luck strikes again. On Saturday, I accidentally shrunk all of our curtains. The care instructions stated “Wash in hot water,” and I thought it was odd, because hot water usually shrinks fabric. Lo and behold, it did. Thanks, IKEA.
- I went to the beach on Sunday. It was the hottest day since we’ve started going this year. I like it better with a cold breeze, but in the end I can’t ever complain about the beach.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful week!