A common saying in the beauty world: “White eye liner opens the eye and makes you look rested and fresh!” While white does generally match the color of your eyeball and does make your eyes look bigger, I find that there are more effective ways to look well rested and fresh.
Why Skip White Eyeliner?
- It’s easy to notice when girls are wearing white eyeliner because of the stark contrast between that and the color of their skin.
- It’s a strong look. Just like wearing black is a statement, wearing white is a bold look on the opposite spectrum.
- I can’t pull off white eyeliner on my lower lash line without looking like my eyelashes have dandruff. I see a lot of other girls who don’t realize the same.
- There’s no transition between your iris and the white liner, making your eyes look a little too unrealistic if you’re going for that natural “awake” look.
- A nude color cleans up this transition, but a white can have the same effect if used very lightly.
- White liner can fall on top of your lower lashes, again creating that unwanted dandruff look.
- Black liner with white on the waterline creates a nice dramatic effect, but definitely stay away from this on an everyday type of look unless you’d like to stand out. It’s great for more dramatic make-up. It will make your eyes look much bigger, not necessarily in a good way.
My Top Nude Eyeliners
- Tarte EmphasEYES™ Inner Rim Brightener Nude 0.009 oz
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Shadow Liner 625 Sparkle Nude
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner ~ Nude 005
- Benefit Cosmetics Eye Bright Pencil
If all else fails, I think a good concealer paired with a natural blush can make you look naturally radiant any time. Of course, the best way to look well rested will always be to get plenty of sleep and make sure you’re hydrated!
What’s your experience with white and nude eyeliner?